Enterprise security architect is responsible for developing blueprint for enterprise security architecture. This position is highly technical and requires skills in various domains of enterprise security
This role ensures secure architectural solutions are incorporated into every aspect of the enterprise architecture supporting an organization’s key business processes and organizational mission. The Cyber Security Architect will function as an interface between Program and Business Manager and the client’s Information System Security Engineering team to develop and implement counter-measures to contain, control and recover from dynamic cybersecurity events. Uses knowledge about current threats to identify flaws and weaknesses in the composition of system designs and defenses for the mission and mission critical data. Specifies solutions and verifies solutions that have been implemented. Rapidly adjusts designs based on new defense, threat, and attack information.
Work involves the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align it strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
Develop enterprise security reference architecture for the district
Work closely with cross-functional teams and provide final review of all designs
Understand current as well as emerging security threats. identify security architecture capabilities and design security architecture patterns to mitigate threats
Performing internal product and services security reviews and recommend changes or enhancements for identified security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures.
Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats, including specifying requirements and design for security architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
Develop and maintain security standards including, but not limited to, network infrastructure, wireless and mobile infrastructure, operating systems, databases, applications, and emerging technologies
Assess emerging technologies against security architecture to determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or extend capabilities
Serve as information security subject matter expert; provide advisory and consulting services as needed
Aligning security standards, frameworks and policies with overall business and technology strategy.
Performing detailed security reviews of third party vendors and services providers
Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan
MINIMUM EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology, or related field
CISSP, CISM or similar certification desired.
- 16+ yrs as a Cyber Security Architect
- 16+ yrs building an IT system roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Mastery level understanding of Managed Security Services Providers (MSSP) to support an enterprise environment
- Experience in a role supporting, IT security, compliance, risk management and privacy, to include control selection
- Experience implementing industry compliance and security standards (NIST CSF, PCI DSS, HIPAA)
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
- Significant knowledge of Application Security, Web Application, Information Security, Databases, Coding practice, and IT Infrastructure design
- Experience with either CheckPoint or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with technology implementation/integration of perimeter tools: DDOS, Firewall, IPS/IDS, VPN, Threat Emulation
- Experience with technology implementation/integration of endpoint tools: Vul Scanning, Endpoint Mangmt, Full Disk Encryption
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience